All volunteers (except Office Support) must complete all Diocesan paperwork including a background check and attend “Protecting God’s Children” within three months of the beginning of the school year.
Share and support the vision and goals of the parish religious education program.
Further their spiritual growth through Catechists Certification Classes and other opportunities.
Take care of volunteers’ children during class time.
Catechist (K thru 7th Grade)
• Spend one to two hours weekly on lesson planning for leading classes held on Tuesday or Wednesday evening.
• Classes are 1½ hour long.
• Class size is approximately 18 students with a co-teacher or classroom aide.
• Attend catechist meetings
• Further their spiritual growth through Catechists Certification Classes and other opportunities.
• Assist Catechist in lesson planning and help with classroom management.
• Will fill in for lead Catechist if needed.
Be available on short notice to fill in for Catechist or Aide, and take over duties during class time. May be called every week.
Assure the safety of the children as they arrive and depart from the Church. Supervision in the parking lot is essential for the safety of the students.
Give general help at Religious Education: this could include distributing materials to classrooms, making copies, walking students to and from washrooms, being an extra pair of hands in a classroom, praying in Eucharist Adoration and monitor the area during Religious Education class time.
Volunteers are needed at various times during the year for special projects.